The Thailand Pass is making entry into Thailand easier than ever, but many questions are associated with the process. Here are a series of the most popular questions and their answers:
What is the Thailand Pass?
The Thailand Pass is a new web-based travel initiative that first opened for registration on November 1, 2021. It allows travelers to streamline the documentation process of entering Thailand.
How do I apply for the Thailand Pass?
To apply for Thailand Pass, you need to visit the official website and have the following documents ready:
- Proof of vaccination
- Flight booking confirmation
- Proof of ASQ/SHA+ hotel booking
- Health insurance with coverage up to USD 50,000
How long does the approval process take?
The approval process for the Thailand Pass is relatively quick and easy. You should receive approval within 3 to 7 days of submitting your application. It is best practice to register through Thailand Pass at least one week before traveling.
Which travel schemes require the Thailand Pass?
When traveling by air, all three travel schemes require registration into the Thailand Pass system:
How do I check my Thailand Pass registration status?
Once the registration has been completed, registrants will receive an access code. This is a numeric sequence you can use to track your status. Visit the Thailand Pass website to log in using your access code, passport number, and email address (the same one used in your registration).
How do I contact Thailand Pass support?
If you have questions or problems with your Thailand Pass, you can contact the Thai Immigration hotline by calling the following 24/7 support centers:
- +66 2572 8442
- +66 6 5205 4247
- +66 6 5205 4248
- +66 6 5205 4249
Alternatively, you can send an email to [email protected] for any questions you have about your registration status.
Can I use the Thailand Pass with my children?
The Thailand Pass is available for all passport holders, regardless of age. Children must have their own individual passports and meet the other requirements for visa-free travel.
- If traveling under the Test & Go scheme, you may add children under 12 to your application. They do not need to be vaccinated.
- If traveling under the Sandbox Program, you may add children under 18 to your application. They do not need to be vaccinated either.
Individuals who do not meet these criteria must submit their own registration in all other cases.
Do I need to print out the Thailand Pass?
No, you do not need to print out the Thailand Pass. You can present your digital copy on a mobile device or laptop. However, it is always best to carry a printed copy in case of an emergency.
What are the different travel schemes for entering Thailand?
- Test and Go: after a 1-day stay in an AQ hotel and a negative result on an RT-PCR test, you may travel anywhere in Thailand freely.
- Blue Zone: aka the Sandbox Program, free travel requires a negative RT-PCR test result and a 7-day hotel stay in a SHA+ certified location
- Happy Quarantine: free travel after ten days of quarantining in an AQ location.