Thai Consulate

Thai Consulate in Sydney

Thai Consulate in Australia

The Thai Consulate in Sydney is for those Australians who live in the Sydney area. The consulate will issue you with a tourist visa, business visa or marriage visa if you are married to a Thai national. They will also issue temporary Thai passports, register your Thai child born in Australia and provide you with basic guidance with regards to business in Thailand. The Consulate hours are telephone numbers are listed below with a map of the are so you may find it easier.

Thai Consulate in Sydney

Royal Thai Consulate in Sydney, Australia Level 8,131 Macquarie Street, Sydney 2000 Level 8 NSW 2000
City: Sydney
Phone: (612) 9241 2542-3
Fax: (612) 9247 8312
Email: [email protected]
Office Hours: Visa Section: Monday – Friday 9:30 AM – 1:00 PM (lodge application) 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM (collecting passport) Thai Passport: 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM, 2:00 PM – 3:45 PM


80 thoughts on “Thai Consulate in Sydney

  1. Dee

    Hi, where can Fiji citizens residing in Fiji holding Fiji passports apply for Thailand Tourist Visa? I note that there is no presence of a Thailand Consulate in Fiji

    1. Thai Visa Consultant Post author

      Since there is no Thai Embassy or Consulate in Fiji, you will need to travel to your neighboring country that covers the jurisdiction of Fiji. Perhaps you can contact the Thai Consulates in New Zealand and check with them if they can process your application.

  2. Smita

    How can Fiji citizens with Fiji passport apply for Thailand tourist visa?
    There is no Thailand consulate in Fiji.


    1. Thai Visa Consultant Post author

      You may contact the Thai embassy or consulate in a neighboring country such as New Zealand or Australia to inquire if they are able to provide you a tourist visa based on your passport.

  3. Lauren

    Hi, I have just finished on parole. I have a criminal record but looking to travel to Thailand for ten days for a holiday. Will this affect me? Will I be allowed into country?

    1. Thai Visa Consultant Post author

      Please get in touch with the Thai embassy or consulate in your location to to check if you have been blacklisted from traveling to the Kingdom. If not, there is no assurance that you will be allowed to travel to Thailand however you can inquire from their office if they will grant you a visa.

  4. jOE

    Where can I get a medical form which is required for retirement visa?

    There is a link to a digital medical form but the document is corrupted and does not open.

    Please email me a digital copy and I’ll print it.


    1. Thai Visa Consultant Post author

      Kindly get in touch with the Thai embassy or consulate where you wish to submit your application for assistance with the medical form.

  5. Brian Sonsie

    I have been informed at the Thai immigration at arrival in Thai I don’t need to go to immigration to report every 90 days. They just photocopies my passport. When I asked how long I can stay they just pointed at my stamp 13 July 2017. Yet, the some expats suggest I have to report every 90 days, others said as I obtained the retirement Visa in Sydney Australia, I don’t have to report. What is the situation?

    1. Thai Visa Consultant Post author

      ​If you plan to stay in Thailand for more than 90 days on your current visa, then you need to report to immigration every 90 days. But if you will exit the country, the 90-day count will restart from the day that you re-enter Thailand.

  6. Nirma Lakhan

    Hi, I am citizen of Fiji and wanted to travel to Thailand for Business purpose. I wanted to know that in section C of document checklist of Form A it is mentioned:

    “A proof of Australian Electronic Visa is required if you are not an Australian citizen”

    How do we obtain this? What shall we send, a bank cheque to the Royal Thai Consulate General Sydney for the Non-immigrant fees?

    1. Thai Visa Consultant Post author

      ​The Australian Electronic Visa is issued by Australian authorities when you applied for a visa to travel to their country.

      For the payment method, you may refer to the instructions on the bottom most part on the back of the application form.

      Visa application fee: Only exact amounts of CASH, MONEY ORDER or BANK CHEQUE will be accepted (personal / company cheque not acceptable) if apply in SYDNEY and pay by MONEY ORDER or BANK CHEQUE, payable to ROYAL THAI CONSULATE SYDNEY only

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

More posts