Thai Consulate

Thai Consulate in Adelaide

Thai Consulate in Australia

This is the contact details for the Thai Consulate in Adelaide Australia. If you are in the Adelaide region of Australia then this is the Thai Consulate to obtain a Thai Visa from. This consulate also allows you Thai wife to apply for a new Thai passport and to register you children or child born in Australia for a Thai ID card while living in Australia. The office hours are listed below including their telephone numbers.

Thai Consulate in Adelaide

Consulate General of Thailand in Adelaide, Australia 6th Floor, 185 Victoria Square Adelaide South Australia 5000
City: Adelaide
Phone: (+61) 8 8218 4848
Fax: (+61) 8 8278 7327
Email: [email protected]
Office Hours: 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM


16 thoughts on “Thai Consulate in Adelaide

  1. gregory elliott

    Will you tell me please ,how to set up a bank account with the Bank of Thailand.
    kindest regards,
    Greg Elliott

    1. Thai Visa Consultant Post author

      Hi Gregory!

      Thank you for your enquiry.

      To open an account at any local banks in Thailand, they would normally require foreigners to have a Non-Immigrant or other type of long term visas. Otherwise, they will not be allowed to open an account under their name (some local banks would even require a work permit).

      If you are on a tourist visa or 30-day visa exempt scheme, please contact Siam Legal office at 02 259 8100 so they can advise you further in regard to your concern.

  2. Tyrone Attard

    Hello, I plan to backpack for 3 months in south east asia very soon, but I heard you need a booked departure date from Thailand before they issue a visa. What happens when you don’t know when or where you are really going? Is there such a visa?

    Thank you.

    1. Thai Visa Consultant Post author

      A return ticket is one of the proofs that you are a bona fide tourist. Unless you are travelling to Thailand on a long-term type visa (e.g., non-immigrant B, O, ED etc.), then you might be asked to show a return ticket, especially if you’re travelling without a visa.

  3. Kablina M Taylor

    Hi, we have an engineer to needs to supervise on some work but will only be there for less than 15 days. Please advise if he still needs to apply for the non immigration B visa. Can he obtain this after he enters Thailand on tourist visa or does he needs to get it before he travels. Also, how long does the application takes?

    1. Thai Visa Consultant Post author

      He will need to obtain a proper visa before travelling to Thailand. Since your engineer is staying for less than 15 days, entering Thailand on a tourist visa might work for him, although there is still the risk of getting himself into a problem since he will be doing some work during his trip. It is best that you contact or visit the Thai Embassy or Consulate in your country for information on which visa is most appropriate for your engineer’s travel to Thailand.

  4. Peter Jones

    Good Morning – Would you be able to advise me of any Thai – English translators in SA, who are recognized by the Australian Dept. of Immigration? My Wife is applying requires some Thai documents translated to English by an officially recognized translator… Thanks

    1. Thai Visa Consultant Post author

      We advice that you contact the Australian Department of Immigration, instead, to verify which firms or companies are recognized by them in regard to your concern.

  5. Felix Songano Jr.

    Sawasdee Krap,

    I just wanted to inquire if I can have my fingerprints taken at the Adelaide Thai Consulate for my application for a Thai Police Certificate? I have the privilege to live and work in Thailand from April 2008 to February 2014 and since i will be applying for my Australian Permanent residency visa, I need to provide an updated Police Certificate for all the countries i have lived for the past 10 years. I have obtained a Police Certificate issued in October 2013 and believed its only valid for 1 year. I haven’t had the chance to be backed in Thailand since February 2014 and just wondering if I can still use the same certificate for my Australian PR application? Thank you and hope you can respond to my queries. More power!

    1. Thai Visa Consultant Post author

      We advise that you contact the Thai Consulate in Adelaide directly regarding your concern. Please note that we are not, in any way, connected with the Thai Embassies or Consulates or the Thai government for that matter.

  6. Matthew Major

    Hello there
    We own a Thai restaurant in the Riverland and are seriously thinking about searching for a chef in Thailand. How would we advertise for one. We are aware of the sponsorship requirements.

    1. Thai Visa Consultant Post author

      We do not have specific information about advertising for a job opening however, you may check on job hosting sites with services in Thailand.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More posts